Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Enjoy The Little Things

Sometimes I think that I should have been a children's art teacher. I love children's art. It makes me smile. Kids are just so uninhibited and creative. They haven't been jaded yet and are an open book.

I recently attended the retirement party for the principal. Here are some of the things that the children wrote as a goodbye to her.

Some of these cracked me up. Some made me smile. And, some of them were so creatively done by the teacher that I had to put them up here too.

Enjoy. :)

I love the punish us if we're bad part.


I'm pretty sure that Mrs. Lewis will never forget this child. He has leukemia and the school did several fundraisers for him including bringing a barber to the school where the kids shaved off their hair to show support for him.


Shane and his friend worked together to come up with this gem.


Owen's self portrait and message. I love his bowling ball people.


At least now we know how she will spend her retirement. LOL


So creatively done. Especially because this teacher is really into red, white and blue and the American flag. Nicely done.


I love the message in pink...




The next time you see some kids artwork, take a moment to appreciate it and to praise the child for his or her work. Stop and smell the roses sometimes and enjoy the little things in life.

No comments: