Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Fun = Amusement Parks!

We love amusement parks. Most families measure their kids growth by an actual chart.

We measure it by what color bands the kids get at Kings Dominion at the beginning of the summer.

We're now up to green for Owen and purple for Shane. Owen may make it to yellow by the end of the summer.

Woo-hoo. Even more fun rides for me! I mean, for Owen. Yeah...for Owen.

Unfortunately, Shane and Owen are at two different band levels. If you have kids, you know what this means. Especially if there's one parent and two kids.

It was 80 yesterday so I decided to take advantage of the rare cool day in Virginia and, despite everything that I need to do, take the kids to KD. We also took our other daughter -- err, neighbor -- with us. She's with the boys so much that she's like their sister now. It's good because she can ride with Shane.

Usually, I put Shane on the coasters by himself and exit through with Owen. Now, he has someone to ride with on those rides as well as the other rides that need just two (because I always have to go with Owen.)

Here are a few fun shots from the day.

Owen having fun on the Triple Spin.


Kings Dominion was owned by Paramount, thus the Spongebob character. Shane didn't want to take his picture with him because "he's just a person dressed in a costume." He's been like that with all characters since I killed Santa Claus last year. :*(


We went to get onto the Richochet and you needed an adult for every kid under 52 inches, which I didn't know. I was just excited that Owen could finally ride it. Fortunately, there was a group of college kids behind us and they were more than happy to ride with the kids. Rachel rode with one of the girls in front of us. Shane was behind us with her boyfriend and Owen was with me.

There are nice people in the world. They earned brownie points. :)

Rachel finally decided that it was cool to put her hands in the air. And, I caught it on film! Isn't it a cute pic? I love her hair. :)


And, a self portrait. Whatelse was I suppose to do while the kids were playing in the water zone? Boredom = self portrait time!

Maybe we'll make it to the next band level by the end of summer!

3 comments:

Emily Riley said...

You rule! What a great friend to take my daughter along with ya! I know she a blast when you said she was the first to crash in the car on the way home. Your the best EVAR!!!!!

E

Teacher in the middle said...

I have one question. How in the world did you ride the Triple Spin with Owen without throwing up??? I used to LOVE those spinning rides and now that I've topped the hill of 30, it's throw up city if I even think about one. I guess Caleb and Sarah will be riding the Mad Hatter's Tea Party with each other only when we go to Disney. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I hear that the band color that YOU have to wear is pink and blue polkadots with lace fringe