Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mom Of The Year

Well...if I haven't earned that title before, I definitely did this time.

But, I got lucky this time and it all worked out.

And, I even got pictures of it. Because I'm sick like that and always have my camera with me.

I go walking into the school a few days ago to help in Mrs. King's room for a few minutes. I see a bunch of cars at the school and ask one of my friends if I missed something because there's obviously an assembly or something because there are way too many cars for that time of day.

She says that it's the Focus Festival Awards Ceremony and presentations.

Huh? Mentally, I scanned my calendar and notes at home and have absolutely no recollection of this ceremony. I asked her if it was for 3rd grade too (her child is in a different grade) and she doesn't know.

So, I go into the school and swing by the cafeteria before I go to Mrs. Kings class and Shane comes up and says that he's glad that I'm finally here.

I'm only two minutes late, by the way.

Smiling sweetly, I tell him no problem that I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I'm glad that I had it on my calendar (LOL) (and equally glad that I had my camera with me) because he won third place for his research project on gems.





We took him to Ryans for dinner that night (God...the things we do for our kids!) and he took his trophy into the restaurant with him. :)

Mrs. King said that she was certain that Shane never gave me the notice because I'm always organized. So, we'll go with that.

But, I kinda seem to recollect something coming home about it.

I am soooo on top of things. I totally rock, don't you think?! ;)


PS - Shane does, in fact, have more shirts than just that Clemson shirt. But, it does match the orange on his project board. I wonder if he meant to do that?! Probably so.

3 comments:

ginny said...

He did so good! We are so proud of him.
You got lucky on that one.

ginny said...

If you click on Shane's picture, it actually gets large enough where you can read most of his project. Nice

Queen of her Castle said...

Oh funny. Both that you got lucky and that you played it off. You are so cool!

Becky W