Monday, June 16, 2008

Go Owen! Go Owen!

Ever have a moment where you get a glimpse into the future?

Well, we had one of those this weekend and I think that I'm a little scared.

We went to Ken's cousin's barmizvah. The reception was at a mansion in DC and they had a separate area for the teenagers with a DJ, dancing area and bar (non alcoholic, of course).

While Shane was very nervous to go downstairs with the big kids, Owen went right down and we watched him working the crowd - shaking hands, introducing himself. The works.

Ken and I took turns checking on them. The few times I checked on them, Shane was hovering near the bar, getting his courage up to mix with the kids and Owen was milling about.

Ken went to check on time and came back laughing.

He said that he saw Shane at the bar and saw Shane slam down his drink and told the bartender "hit me again." Or something like that. He asked Shane where Owen was and Shane said he didn't know.

Then Ken heard "Go Owen, go Owen" and looked to the middle of the room where there was a crowd of teenagers in a circle.

One would think that Owen was showing his business again, right?

Well, Ken parted the kids and found Owen in the middle dancing - doing his best DC Dav*** moves. Ken said that he sat there and watched him work the crowd for a few minutes and when Owen was done with his show, a few of the kids came up (high fiving Owen) and asking him to teach them his dance moves.

Owen was working it.

So, now you can see the future. Shane will be the one at the bar, sucking down the drinks until he has the courage to talk to people.

And, Owen will be the fraternity guy in the middle sucking down the suds ala "Animal House" style with his brothers chanting his name.

Either way...I think that I'll enjoy these last few easy years. Because there is going to be payback to Ken and I. I've seen the writing on the wall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome!!

ginny said...

Where was your camera?????

KenDC said...

I didn't have it with me (don't forget I didn't see it anyway and Ken wouldn't have had it with him) but Ken's cousin got a picture of it. Now comes the payback time. I'll never see it. LOL.

Kim Eckhardt said...

Obviously Ken was signed into google under his ID. How dare he. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL