Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Invitation to Join My Pity Party

So, whose corn flakes did I pee in to deserve all of this? (Well, there is probably a long list of people who I have made mad in the past but we'll just pretend that there's no one on this list, m'kay?)

Seriously. My back is killing me. I haven't done laundry in a week and it's piled up. I finally had to do some today because Shane came into my room this morning and said that he didn't have any clean undies. Oops.

Not even those pair that he wears as a last resort. (Yes...even 9 year olds have those last resort undies.) So, I'm doing laundry now.

You may have noticed that my blog has been lacking pics lately. Well, that's because the external hard drive that held all of my pictures crashed and burned. For those that know me know that this is catastrophic. Awful. Ugh.

But don't worry, mom. I still have the Thanksgiving pictures on my camera. But I don't have the heritage pictures, the Disney pictures or any other pictures that you can think of.

Every now and then I'll think about something and then I'll get all sad because THOSE were the pictures that I lost and haven't scrapbooked so they're gone. Ugh.

I had all of these witty posts planned for Christmas and well, now you're suffering too because you'll not get to read those posts because the pictures that accompany the post are gone. And well, without the pictures, it's just not as funny. :*(

But this is all okay because 1) I have been blogging so I do have some pictures that I can save. 2) I did upload some pictures to my costco pictures before everything burned so it's not all lost. 3) I have scrapbooks so my memories aren't all gone. Just my pictures.

And, it could be worse. We have our health (except for my stupid back) and a house and a job. So, all isn't lost. I'm just giving myself a pity party and I'm forcing you all to attend. LOL.

So, feel free to add your own pity party to the comments. Misery loves company and complaining does make you feel better. :)

10 comments:

ginny said...

Do you feel better now?? Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it!!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

I asked you to feel free to join my pity party...not make it worse...

Anonymous said...

Awwww. I'm sorry. Do you want me to come up there tomorrow and wash all your clothes? Seriously, I can. i'll just make Wilson deal w/ everything here.

Anonymous said...

Tell your mom..it's "put on your big girl panties and get over it!"

I hope you're better..and chips always help!

B

Kim Eckhardt said...

I think that you just told her, Becky. lol. And, it hurts to much to even put on my big girl panties much less pull them up. But, I don't have to wear my big girl "last resort" panties because I actually washed clothes yesterday. ;)

Thanks, Susan. I appreciate it. But, if you came, I would want you to bring Mary Make and then I would have to pick her up and kiss her and that would hurt. :)

Anonymous said...

you wouldn't have to pick her up. She'll be too busy running away in a game of chase i.e. catch me if you can. All the while laughing in her evil little way.

Josie Thames said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who gives herself pity parties! Hope it gets better!

Anonymous said...

I'm having myself a nice pity party today. No especially good reason. I drowned myself in McDonald's french fries as my consolation.

Feeling better yet?

Josie Thames said...

McDonalds French Fries are the perfect thing to serve at a pity party!

Kim Eckhardt said...

yeah and dunking them into a milkshake...even better!