Tuesday, December 23, 2008

You Know You've Done It Too

You know that you've done it to at one point or the other so don't laugh at me when I report my latest blond moment.

And, yes...there do seem to be a lot of those. But, in my defense, most people do them too. They just turn around, whistle and pretend that it never happened. I just happen to find them funny. And life is all about being real. Right?

So, anyway, I was so proud that I actually got out Christmas cards this year. Patting myself on the back at a job well done.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that.

Ken brought in the mail the other day. He was laughing and handed me a card.

It was a card that I sent to one of my friends. It had all of the pertinent information on it except her address.

Oops.

But in my defense (because I always have a defense!), I had a few cards set aside that I needed to get the addresses. In an effort to help, Ken sealed the envelopes (how smart am I to sluff that job?!) and must have just grabbed the few that I had set aside by accident.

Yeah. That's what happened and that's what I'm going with.

Anyway, a few more came back. One to Jeff and Marcie. At an old address. I think that I remember them moving now. Because their last Christmas card bounced too. To the same address I'm pretty sure.

Oops.

And...this was the same Jeff and Marcie that my in-laws got their card a few years ago instead of getting the correct one. It would be Jeff and Marcie though. I guess they will haunt me forever.

I wonder where they went anyway. I do miss them.

So...how many of you had returned cards this year? Be honest. It can not just be me. Although, it's a Christmas tradition now.

One that I could do without. lol.

6 comments:

ginny said...

In order to get returned cards, one must send them out! I didn't get around to it this year!

Anonymous said...

I imagine that if I actually sent them, I would have a few ;) I hope my friends know that a lack of a christmas card does not mean lack of love, just laziness.

PS. I got your card yesterday and it was just fine :D

Kim Eckhardt said...

So the card was IN the envelope...and the envelope was obviously ADDRESSED...but was it SEALED? lol

ginny said...

I didn't know I had to give you my address to get a Christmas card- it's 322 Olivarri Drive, Anderson, SC 29621- love mom

Kim Eckhardt said...

I sent you a Christmas card. Didn't you get it? Oh well. I'll send another. I got one returned as you know from Jeff and Marcie. I'll just send it down to you. I figure it's only fair since Joan and Darrel got their card a few years ago. lol...

ginny said...

You've had a time with your Christmas cards! I guess that's what happens when you try to be so good! I really don't care about the Christmas card, just he picture on it!