Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Attack of the Cookie Dough

What do you get when you don't read a cookie recipe all the way through before you start mixing the ingredients?

This:




Crap. How am I going to get all of this into the mixer?



Well, obviously I'm not but I can try until it looks like this and then I'll have to - ugh - mix it by hand.



That sure is a lot of cookie dough. It was like a scene from The Blob with cookie dough spilling out all over the place. But I was willing to take one for the team and ate the cookie dough that spilled over. ;)



But it sure was a mess. I couldn't clean as I go because I was in a battle with that dough. I really needed an industrial sized bowl but had to do with what I had in the kitchen which wasn't much.



But you know the really bad thing is? I had made this mistake before and had noted on the bottom of the recipe that I should half it before making them again.

Can you say blonde moment? :)

4 comments:

ginny said...

You are a blonde sometimes! Maybe that's strawberry blonde???

Josie Thames said...

Kim, I am so proud of you for putting on your big-girl pants and eating all that extra cookie dough. I know that it took all of your intestinal fortitude.

Queen of her Castle said...

LOL! Maybe you should make that note at the TOP of your recipe next time. At least you didn't need any cream of tartar. Ha Ha!

Becky

Kim Eckhardt said...

Someone had to do it Josie and I am just the woman for those big girls pants. Oops. Maybe that explains the need for big girl pants. lol.

Don't think I'll make that mistake again, Becky. Not for this recipe anyway! :o) Remind me of this at Christmas next year, okay?