Thursday, April 3, 2008

Emily Post Would Be Mortified

Evidentially, we have been teaching all the wrong proper manners at the dinner table. Instead of telling our kids to put all four chair legs on the floor or to not chew like a cow, what we *should* be telling kids to keep their feet off of the table.

Isn't anyone raising these children with manners? Emily Post would be mortified.

Exhibit 1: Shane at about a year and a half old.



Exhibit 2: Owen at the same age. Shane must have given him some lessons.



Exhibit 3: Then Mary Mayken comes along and picks up right where Owen left off.



Well, I thought it would be funny to do it too. That was a bad idea. It just reminded me that 1) I'm not so young anymore because I could barely get my leg on the table and 2) I should be teaching them to put the legs down on their chairs and not chew like a cow.

But, but...being an adult is no fun. :*(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know my children aren't the only ones who do that. Of course I couldn't get my leg on the kitchen table either. Now maybe the coffee table but that's about it.

Kim Eckhardt said...

LOL. You're funny, Becky. :)