Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just For Me

So, Shane was busy the other day creating something. He's working the scissors, the stapler and has a boat load of paper. He's busy and occupied so I'm happy.

He comes into me and says that he has a present just for me and presents me with a new purse. He said that I needed one (no kidding about that!) Now I'm really happy. I didn't even care that I had to go behind him and clean up all of the scraps of paper.

Here's the master piece.



He even made a slit so that the purse flap could close.



He thought of everything.

A pocket for my credit cards (probably so I could buy him stuff!)



A pocket for my drivers license.



There was actually enough room for my lipstick, phone and eye drops. Oh...and my Tide stick. Because that's important to have!



If you're wondering, yes I did use it when we out that day. I ever so gently carried it through Target and it made it through the YMCA park and pool. I didn't even care that people looked at me like they wanted to hand me their spare change.

Because it was made with love and Shane was so proud of himself. And, I was proud of him, too!



Yep. This one is a keeper for sure!

9 comments:

ginny said...

That is too cute. Knowing Shane, I'm surprised he didn't "color" it! He's quite talented. (and observing too)Maybe it is time for you to go buy a new purse. It's pretty bad when an 8 year old notices that you need one.

Kim Eckhardt said...

I asked him if he wanted stickers or pens and he said no. He liked it plain white with the staples. He's really into modern art so I guess that this is an extension of that. He did sign it. I'm surprised that he didn't put a copywrite on it like we do when we make scrapbooks. LOL.

I don't need to go and buy a new purse. I just need to dig one out of the closet. It'll be "like new." LOL.

RobinW said...

What's the price on the purses?? ;) :p

Queen of her Castle said...

Okay, but does it have room for the wood spoon? ROFL! No really, what a sweet gift. You need to keep it forever.

Becky W

Kim Eckhardt said...

No joke, Robin. I can't believe that he actually gave it to me without charging me. LOL.

But, of course, Becky. It is but a small wooden spoon after all. I hid it under the phone so it's not in the picture. But, it's there. Don't you worry. LOL

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Thats so precious.....my only concern is if he continues to design things like shoes and dresses and living room interiors....take that BOY to the NASCAR races ...lol...and YES Ginny I'm still alive and well...I haven't croaked yet...

ginny said...

Glad to hear Don is alive & well! Missed your comments!
Don't I have the cutest grandchildren you've ever seen???
It's family genes!

Anonymous said...

don,
don't worry about boy activities. Sheldon will have those boys climbing trees this weekend. Although maybe I should consult with Shane regarding color schemes in my house. ha ha.

Kim Eckhardt said...

He's pretty good with placement of objects too. Everything must be symmetrical...I'm just sayin'.