Monday, April 7, 2008

Yep. It's a Monday.

So, once again I pulled a good one.

Unfortunately, I did not catch myself before someone else found out.

I need to pick the boys up from school today for their science class at the Parks and Recreation Center.

I am chilling with the boys this morning. We're ready to go 30 minutes before we need to be. I'm all super proud of myself and it's going to be a good - no great - Monday.

I rock. Yeah me!!!!!

Then, Shane says something about riding the bus home and I remembered that I needed to send a note into the teachers that they are going to be car riders.

So, I write the same note to both boys teachers and put it in their backpacks, placing it where the teacher could easily see it (to be helpful and all). Remember, I'm not rushing and the notes are actually on a piece of paper this time and not hastily scribbled on a napkin or the back of an envelope like they usually are. I even put the kids last names on the note so that the teacher doesn't have to write it.

I'm good. Real good.

Then I get a call at 8:55 from Mrs. King. I'm thinking that something's wrong and she asks me what Owen's suppose to do after school because she doesn't understand my note. It says:

"Owen should ride bus 284 today because he needs to be a car rider for an after school activity."

Um...say what?

I should probably disclose (and since I've already embarrassed myself, what's there to lose?) that Shane actually pointed out that the note was wrong and I told him that, no, the grammar was correct.

Sorry for the extra work, Mrs. King. She called Shane's teacher and explain to him the note because his said the same thing.

It's a Monday. The Mondiest of Mondays.

Sometimes I crack myself up. Or, maybe I'm just cracking up.

5 comments:

ginny said...

You are a real brain surgeon today! Ride the bus and be a car rider! That's a good trick but Owen is up to the task!

Queen of her Castle said...

LOL! That was hysterical. Of course I would NEVER do something like that. Yeah, right.
Becky W

Kim Eckhardt said...

Riiiiigggggght, Becky. :o)

Anonymous said...

You could blame the error as being a blond...but unfortunately you are NOT....LOL.....

Monday...Monday......DUHHHHHH

Emily Riley said...

Kim,
You crack me up as well.LOL You just made my Monday!!!! :)

luv ya,
E