Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Amusing Myself - Yet Again...

I was super proud of myself this morning because, all before 8 am, I:

1. Went through the sales flyer identifying sales items to buy;
2. Clipped my coupons and matched them up to the sales items;
3. Made an actual grocery list (on the back of an envelope, of course);
3. Got to the grocery store as soon as I dropped the boys off at the bus.

So, I'm at the grocery store, cruising through it pretty fast because I'm all prepared.

I get 3/4 way through the store and don't see the sales items ticker on the shelf. I grab my flyer to double check the sale because I can't remember how many sodas you got for $12.

Then I look down at the bottom of the flyer. (click to enlarge)


Doh.

You're asking yourself how I hadn't noticed this before? Well, the answer is I don't know.

Sometimes I just amuse myself. I figure it's better to laugh at myself when I do stupid stuff like this. Because, otherwise, I may crawl in bed and cry. :)

5 comments:

ginny said...

There should be a law against grocery stores releasing flyers BEFORE the sale starts!

Kim Eckhardt said...

No joke. Now I have to go back on Friday and pick up the sales items that I marked down. :*(

Anonymous said...

Some sale.....lol...you spent what you could have saved by having to go back and get the sales items..DUHHHHHHHHHHH
Where you having a BLOND day?

Anonymous said...

Kim.. I told your mom I have "blog" withdrawal if you miss a day. Since you seem to be our primary source of entertainment, please keep 'em coming You make me laugh out loud!!! Becky

Kim Eckhardt said...

Thank you, Becky. I'll be here for the rest of my life. Stop by often because I'm sure that there won't be a lack of entertainment from either my kids or myself. Unfortunately, I also amuse myself. ;)

Hope you're doing well!

Don, I've been blond all my life. It just doesn't show in my hair. LOL