Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday, Shane!

How are you 9 already?

It seemed like just yesterday, you were a baby. So, in honor of your birthday, I'm going to post some of my favorite pictures of you up to this point.

Enjoy!

Yes, he was a premmie, believe it or not!

Aw. Great Grandpa. He is missed.
Shane a baby...
His first steps. 14 months. 6 months. Love this pic!
18 months. Fingerpainting is fun!
Slides are fun to an 18 month old!
I had to get that picture FAST because that snowman was going over...
Aw. Shane loved the sunflowers. 3 years old.
The rooster. Enough said.
The ear and the tounge. Enough said. 4 years old.
What a goofball. 4 years old.
Duckey Sr. and Ducky Jr. warming their feet.
Shane's first self hair cut. Meh. Last day of 1st grade.
Shane as a Greek God. 3rd grade.
Shane - 8 years old. Summer of 2008.
Shane - summer 2008.
Shane - summer 2008.

As you can imagine, it was hard selecting pictures of him that I love because...well...I take so many. He's having a few friends over for lunch and cake and then we're going to Busch Gardens on Saturday. I made him monkey bread for breakfast (breaking my cardinal rule of no sugar for breakfast) and pizza and cake for lunch and out for dinner. Hopefully he won't choose McDonalds. ;)

But, if he does, that will be okay. Because it's his birthday. I'll even let him get fries and a soda if he wants. Because I roll like that.

Happy Birthday, Shane!

4 comments:

Josie Thames said...

Kim, he is one beautiful kid. Thank you for sharing his life with us.

ginny said...

How did he get to be 9 years old already??? Seems like just yesterday we were sitting at Joan's waiting for the phone to ring giving us "permission" to come to the hospital! What memeories!

Teacher in the middle said...

Happy Birthday Shane!!! How much of a preemie was he because he looked really big!!! :O)

Kim Eckhardt said...

Thanks, Josie.

He was almost four weeks early. I'm *glad* that he came early.