Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Preference

People who like to shoot pictures tend to gravitate towards taking pictures of certain types of things.

I'm not really particularly good at taking portraits or posed shots. I'll do it. But I don't necessary like to.

I much prefer taking candid shots and capturing people and things in their natural element. When they're not looking and don't have on their "camera face."

I hate the "camera face."

Take these two pictures for example. They were taken at Pawleys Island about 7 am and I just love them. I wish that I had positioned the second picture a little differently with less sand but oh well. Sometimes you get what you get. :)




I love how the fishermen are silhouetted by the sunrise in the first picture. And how the sunrise makes sparkles on the water.

And, yes. It was worth it to get up at the a*$crack of dawn to go shoot pictures. I've got a sickness, as you already know. :)

2 comments:

Queen of her Castle said...

Number one, what the heck are you doing up that early on vacation? And secondly, can't you manipulate the picture with Photoshop?

Becky W

Kim Eckhardt said...

Number one....early morning and late in the afternoon is the best time to take pictures. That lesson will be coming up. ;)

Number two...I'm sure that someone could manipulate it with photoshop but it ain't me. That's too complicated. But, if I teach you your camera, can you teach me photoshop? Please. :)