Saturday, August 30, 2008

School Teacher Assignments and Other Fun Stuff

So, the kids have their teacher assignments for this year and I think it's going to be a great year. In the past, the school would post the classroom assignments on the school doors. It was like a stampede to see who was in what class and it was chaotic at best.

This year they sent post cards to the kids with their teacher assignments.

It was just like when I was a kid waiting for the postman to deliver the card. I distinctly remember sitting in the yard (in the hot sun) waiting for the postman.

And then racing inside to burn up the phone lines to call my friends and see who got what teacher. Happy that my friends were in my class or sad that they weren't and there was always the "oh man...that kid is in my class?"

Owen was really disappointed that his BFF isn't in his class. I can't say that I am. They were too disruptive in class. But he does have some nice kids from Mrs. King in his class.

Shane and Josie are once again together. True love, I tell ya. True love.

And it seemed that he has a really good class until I looked at the name right across from his desk.

It's the kid that was picking on him on the bus that I had to go to the Vice Principal about. You may remember the one. The one who stuck his head under the seat and threatened to stick a sharpened pencil in his head if he told.

GROAN.

Well. This isn't good. He is already a little apprehensive about starting new things and this isn't going to help. At all.

My first reaction was to go straight to the teacher and get the kid moved. I talked to Shane and he said that it was okay and that the situation had resolved itself last year and he could handle it.

So...I backed off.

Probably because Ken was there telling me to chill out. And, I actually listened to him for once.

And, if you know me at all, you know that I'm pretty strong willed to say the least. Chilling out is not one of my strong points. To say the least.

But, I didn't push it.

BUT...I reserve the right to go to the teacher in the future. Shane asked me not to get involved. So I won't. I will let him handle it. But...I will deal with the kid or his parents if necessary.

Or Maybe I'll just show up to their lunch next week and will give him the "mean mommy look."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You strong willed? No...

:-D

Anonymous said...

get Mary Mayken to teach him the Hi-yah!!!!!

Teacher in the middle said...

Look...I'm a public school teacher, but "you have a divine animal right to protect your life and life of your offspring." (What movie is that from?) You need to do what you're doing...let Shane attempt to deal with it himself but then if it doesn't get better, jump in, claws and fangs bared, and protect that baby!

Anonymous said...

Mary mayken has more moves she can teach him if needed!!!!