Sunday, August 24, 2008

They've Got A Sense of Direction

Shane and Owen can't seem to find the laundry hamper to put their dirty undies in it.

But, they sure can find the Toys R Us.

In another town.

That they have only been to but a handful of times.

On the way back from Clemson yesterday, we decided to swing by the Toys R Us and pick up a few Mario and Pokemon things for my friends' sons.

But, I've only been there once myself and wasn't sure exactly where it was.

So, I told Shane and Owen that I wasn't sure where it was and they told me that it was further down Clemson Blvd. towards the mall.

I say to them "are you SURE about that? I thought it was closer towards Clemson."

They both said yes. No question, mom. We definitely haven't passed it.

Then Shane sees the car dealership that is behind it and says "yeah...that is behind it. It's coming up, mom."

Owen was in total agreement.

Then, we see the back of the Toys R Us building.

And, Owen says "that's it mom...it's the blue building."

And, there was a blueish building.

Mind you, I still haven't seen a sign for it but I blindly turn into the driveway.

Following the directions of a 5 year old and an 8 year old.

And, they were right.

It was Toys R Us.

Now, if we could just get them to find the laundry basket, that would be just lovely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

If you haven't figured it out yet, the following is the pure unadulterated truth,

Kids....

1) have a homing instinct very much like geese when it comes to McDonalds, and Toys-R-Us, they may have never been to that particular one before, but they know where it is.

2) younger kids (infants) never put any food in their mouths....they smear and spread it over their various body parts, where all the nutrients are absorbed in thru the skin...

Kim Eckhardt said...

Haha, that is the truth!!!!!

Queen of her Castle said...

Funny. I bet they could find the McDonald's too. Or in my kid's case, it would be he Chick-Fil-A.