Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pawleys Island: Elegantly Shabby

Like most coastal areas, Pawleys Island has a Yacht Club.

It's called "Pawleys Island Marina Yacht Club."

One would think that was hoyty-toyty by the name, right?

But, no. I found this little gem one day when I was cruising around the island looking for interesting things to photograph. One could easily drive by it and never notice it.




I went out shooting one morning early and it was really foggy. I think that it looks pretty cool with the fog buffering out all that is in the background.



You can see from this sunset picture everything that is in the background.



But, this is my favorite picture by far. I love the vivid colors of the roof and the window. I took it after a hard rain and I tihnk that it really brought out the colors.



I'm sure that there is a "real" Yacht Club in Pawleys.

But, I like this one much better. I wonder what the story is with this building. I wanted to try and go in but never got a chance.

I think that this little building really represents Pawleys' Island's trademark phrase. "Pawleys Island...elegantly shabby."

No comments: