Friday, March 28, 2008

The Baltimore Aquarium

Wow. We made the most of every moment in the kids Spring Break.

A few shots from the Baltimore Aquarium.









This one is a little out of focus but I love it anyway.



Man, there were a lot of kids at the aqarium with the spring breakers and class field trips. It was crazy. I had to laugh at myself though because some little boy named Jonathan (I know this because the counselor kept speaking to him) with the YMCA group kept turning around and giving my kids weird looks and he wouldn't eat his sandwich.

So, I gave him the evil mom look and motioned to him to turn around in his seat and eat. If you're a teacher (or a mom), you've done the move too. Lift your right hand and make a circle motion with your index finger and then point to where you want someone to go. Jonathan never turned back around again.

I guess I should have realized that we were sitting in the middle of a school because it was one of the few tables available. I guess every one else was smart enough to sit somewhere else. :)

I also realized that if Shane gets freaked out at 3-D movies, a 4-D movie isn't going to be any better. Yeah, he really didn't dig getting sprayed with water or things poking him in the back or getting "grabbed at" by the shooting air under the seats. He really wasn't digging the rats coming towards him either (yuck...me either!) We had to leave the theater within 3 minutes of the film starting.

Oh well. At least I got my picture. I guess that the look on his face says it all, huh?



Note to Self: Don't take him to 3-D or 4-D movies. Ever. Again.

But, definitely take them back to the Baltimore aquarium. It was awesome!

2 comments:

ginny said...

What did Owen think of the 3-D movies? Probably didn't scare him!

Kim Eckhardt said...

He wanted to stay. Although, when the air shot out from under the seats (I suppose to make you feel like you were passing through a sea anemone), he did pull his legs up and cross them on the chair. I wanted to do that too but my legs are too fat. LOL.