Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Does He Need A Bath?

Owen "said" no. (Read: argued like Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.)

I said yes.

You be the judge.

You absolutely MUST click on the picture to enlarge it to get the full effect.















Now, the story.

He went to jump on a neighbor's trampoline. Apparently, he took off his shoes and walked through the mud to get there.

He came back home for dinner. I took one look at him and sat him on the kitchen rug with strict instructions not to walk anywhere or touch anything (his hands and face were just as bad).

I continued to fix my dinner and sat down to eat. I knew that my dinner would be cold by the time I got the ten pounds of dirt off of him.

Following my directions not to walk anywhere, he scooted over to the edge of the kitchen and living room to watch toonies. Note that he stayed on the kitchen towel that I gave to him. He's such a good boy.



Well, those feet were too good not to photograph.

So, instead of being a good mom and washing his feet, I grabbed my camera and started snapping pictures.

He looked at me and said "Mooooommmm...don't put those on your email."

I said not to worry. I wouldn't.

And, I didn't.

I'll just post them to my blog.

Because they're too funny not to.

And, I didn't break my word. I didn't put them on my email.

:o)

PS - I sent Shane upstairs to get Ken to help. Ken came downstairs and sat down. He spoke to Owen. Ten minutes later, I asked him if he noticed Owen's feet and hands. He looked at him and said "ewwwww." He hadn't even noticed before I said something. Boys are boys.

6 comments:

ginny said...

When I read your title- my first thought was Hippo must be there! I think Owen puts Hippo to shame!

Kim Eckhardt said...

I think that you're right!

Anonymous said...

why in the world would you compare the clean Hippo to those grimy little feet? How could you?

ginny said...

Would Anonymous happen to be "Hippos" grandmother- aka Susan???

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your family is NOT a rubber stamp "Little House in the Prarie" one....lol....sounds normal to me.....at least he didn't go swimming in a mud puddle

Kim Eckhardt said...

Anonmous needs a new pair of contacts. I have some extras. ;)