Friday, March 14, 2008

More Observations on Life's Funny Moments

Sometimes things happen that make me realize that my kids are much more observant and in-tune with things than I sometimes give them credit for.

Take this picture for example:



Now, I know that you're thinking that I've lost my mind and someone really needs to take the camera away from me. Well, that may be (and probably is) true but there is a moral to this story.

Last night, I took my kids to a book signing by Laura Numeroff at Jabberwocky Book Store in downtown Fredericksburg and decided to take them to dinner afterwards.

When we get there, they order a rootbeer. Since I'm feeling nice, I let them have it. Anywho, I figured that the waitress would bring them cups with lids. But, what she brought them was bottled rootbeer. Wow. This is a disaster just waiting to happen.

But, again, I decide to play the role of Ken tonight and be the cool parent. Hoping that I wouldn't be sorry. They promised to drink it with both hands.

Well, of course, I took pictures of them drinking their rootbeers.






And, I'm thinking as I watch them drink their rootbeers how they are drinking it really represents their personalities. Shane drinks with both hands as cautiously as he can. Owen grabs it with one hand, swigs it, spilling a little on his shirt, and sits it ever so delicately on a stack of napkins.

Remember he promised to drink it with two hands. :)

So, anyway, back to the cup. I know you're saying to yourself "what in the heck is she talking about?" Well...stay with me.

So, the waitress did in fact bring a cup (one cup, which I really don't understand why she brought one cup and not two) and I snapped a picture of the cup.

Shane looks at me and says "you're snapping a picture of what you should have made us use instead of what you did let us use in case there's an accident, aren't you mom?"

God I love that kid. He gets me. (This is the moral to the story, in case you didn't get it.)

So, the only other thing that I can add here is a picture of my dinner. Because it amused me.

Why in tarnation did they put potato chips with my slice of pizza? That is really odd. Plus, I should have ordered a salad. I really didn't need the pizza. And I really, really didn't need the potato chips. But what's a person to do?

Of course I ate them both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm more than the cool parent...I'm another kid. :)

Kim Eckhardt said...

Obviously, "anonymous" is Ken. ;)