Friday, March 21, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries That Don't Hurt

Want to stop severing your fingers cutting sweet potatoes for fries?

If the answer to this question is yes, then (mom) take yourself over to the local grocery store and pick yourself up some sweet potato fries by Alexia.





They're yummy.

To me.

Of course, the kids didn't like them.

And, Ken covered them in ketchup.

But, whatever. They're yummy to me and I'm the one cooking dinner.



They're at local stores in Anderson. I assume if they're in Anderson, they're everywhere.

Go to the frozen foods isle where the french fries are. But, resist the urge to pick up some oh-so-tasty but bad-for-you shoe string fries. Instead, grab the sweet potato ones by Alexia.

Or, if you prefer the "old skoll" way of cutting the potatoes and severing your limbs in the process, then by all means, please continue to cut your sweet potatoes for fries.

I'll be downstairs spreading pre-cut sweet potato fries on the cookie sheet for our dinner. :)

5 comments:

ginny said...

Does that mean no blood on the fries? I don't think I've made the SPF since I about cut my thumb off! Dad will be excited! (Unlike Ken- he loves SPF. Thanks for the heads up.

Kim Eckhardt said...

Ketchup, blood, whatever. They're both red. :)

Good luck finding them. She also makes fries out of golden russet potatoes. Don't grab those by mistake.

Happy Hunting!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Kimmy
If ya want something real yummy....grab one of those big Yams or if ya can find em a taro root and cut em with one of those old fashioned veggie cutters (THE TYPE YA PUSH DOWN ON THE TOP OF THE POTATO)fry em up in a pan of bacon drippings, sprinkle em right out of the fry pan with Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning...mmmmm...mmmmmmm good....southern cookin at its best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uncle Don in NY

Anonymous said...

Kimmy,
Obviously by the lack of a blog since your last, the rabbit died...over the weekend...LOL....just what you need....LOL....twins to boot...2 more boys....Here's to the Easter weekend....LOL

Don

Kim Eckhardt said...

Don't even say something like that. It's not one bit funny. Seriously. :)

I do loves me some cajun spiced fries. Yum.