Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Morning Routine

Every morning, it's the same deal with Owen.

Every morning, he comes into our bedroom about 5:30-6:00 and gets in bed with us.

Every morning, I tell him to go back to sleep and I get up to read my paper and drink my coffee. In peace.

Every morning, Ken tells him to go back to sleep and then tries to put the super-sleeper-snuggle hold on him. You know....snuggle him back to sleep. :o) It never works by the way.

Every morning, Ken comes downstairs about 6:45 carrying Owen who is slung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

Every morning, I ask him if he's tired. He says no and I tell him he can go back to bed.

Every morning, he says no way and pushes away my newspaper and snuggles beside me for about five minutes.

Every morning, I get up to fix Ken's lunch and leave Owen sitting there wrapped in the blanket.

Every morning, he'll watch a toonie until I fix his breakfast.

Except this morning, Ken told me to take a look at "Mr. I'm not tired."

This is what I found.



Every morning, he is afraid that he'll miss something and wants to tell Ken good-bye.

Just this morning, he couldn't quite stay awake.

God I love that kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute...awwww.......

uncle Don in NY