Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Piles and Piles and More Piles

Do you know what this is?


Well, of course it's a pile of stuff.

I always have a pile (okay, piles) of stuff. And, I'm betting that I'm not alone on this.

A pile of bills to pay.

A pile of papers to return to the kids' school. (I promise I'm sending Owen's signed report card back after spring break, Mrs. King!)

A pile of files for my clients work.

A pile of Ken's stuff that has been sitting on the counter for weeks on end.

A pile of stuff for the kids.

These piles are taking over my life. I get tired of them, go through them (throwing out stuff that should have been handled months ago - and CHECKING it off of my list) and then redistribute the piles to new improved piles of stuff.

The stuff in the pile in the kitchen (which was a looming 10 foot pile on my kitchen counter) has now been stacked into more manageable piles.

And inevitably the piles of stuff just move from location to location.

And eventually they make their way over to the staircase to go upstairs.

It's gotten so bad that when I tell the boys (which includes Ken) to take their stuff upstairs, they go and pile it on the stairs.

And, that's where it will sit for the next decade or until I carry it upstairs.

The boys will purposefully step over the piles to get up the stairs.

I know because I have blocked the stairs (two and three steps at a time) to see if they will carry the stuff up.

But, they step over it and go about their business.

I have caught them scaling the bannister rail like Spiderman to get over the piles. And, that was just Ken. :)

I tried to do a science experiment and see how long the stuff would sit on the stairs before it made its way upstairs.



It made it about a week until I couldn't stand it anymore. Plus, we were having people over and I was thoroughly embarrassed.





















Note that Owen put his shoes right in the middle of the stair case for me to trip over. And, then he complained that they were in the way when he was carrying down the laundry. LOL.







Also, note I ended up using the vacuum twice again on the middle floor before it ever made it upstairs again. Yes, I am guilty too. ;)






And, I promised pictures of undies. Lots of pictures. These never even made it to the stairs. They sat in that same spot for four days. FOUR DAYS.














If you have stairs in your house, I'm betting that you're giggling to yourself right now. ;)

4 comments:

ginny said...

I can't believe that you left the underwear there for 4 days! Were you in a coma?

Kim Eckhardt said...

Nope. I was in protest. I wanted to see how long it would take them to pick them up. I think that we all know who picked them up. Sigh.

Kim Eckhardt said...

I think that it would have helped if they knew I was protesting. Then again, maybe not!

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain. I am amazed at the number of times my kids will walk by a pile of their stuff before I scream and make them pick it up. Wonder what we can do to make them pick it up?