Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An Important Announcement (Not Really...Just Some FAQ's)

How in the world do you have time to do it?

This is the question that I'm most frequently asked. The simple answer is: I don't. I just make time. Life's all about making choices. How do you choose to spend your free time? Free time being relatively speaking, of course. I am a mom, you know. So instead of watching tv or cleaning my house, I choose to spend my extra four minutes a day to catch my friends and family (and husband sometimes!) up on our life.

Why in the world do you blog?

Well...it's simple really. I sux. I sux at sending pictures to my family and I'm tired of getting hate mail from my mother who hasn't seen a picture of her grandchildren since their first birthday party. As I mentioned before, I'm GREAT at taking them. Something just gets lost in the transfer from me to you. So, this is the most simple way for me to actually share pictures and stories with everyone.

Who do you write for?

Mostly for myself. I love to scrapbook but just don't have the time. Blogging is much faster and I started it as a way to remember everything that I find amusing. Someday, I'll get around to getting my scrapbooks caught up. Until then, you'll have to suffer through my posts. :)

I also blog for Ken. But, I'm not sure that he reads it because if he did, he would complain loudly about the meatballs that I made. Since he's at work so much and traveling so much, he misses the every day stuff.

I also blog for my parents. To let them know that I now understand what they were trying to do. And to thank them for everything. And to say that I'm sorry for everything. And to get them to hopefully lift the curse that is coming full circle. Particularly when Shane (and more probably Owen) become a senior in high school. You know what I'm talking about, mom and dad. Please lift the curse. Please. :)

Are you making this stuff up?

I can't make this stuff up. I'm not that creative. It writes itself, folks. I am merely an observer on life and the messenger of the tale. I knew that someone wouldn't believe me. Thus, I take pictures of everything to support my observations. :)

Will you blog every day?

Definitely not. Remember, I only have four extra minutes a day. Check back often as I may blog four entries in one day and none for a week.

Do you amuse yourself?

Yes. Definitely. I figure if this stuff is funny to me, someone else has to relate to it, right?

Do you spend a lot of time writing your posts?

Nope. I just write them and rarely do I edit them. Actually, I usually forget to spell check them too so be gentle on the mistakes.

Some of your posts are so funny. I wanted to pee my pants. Will you always write amusing stuff?

Thank you. I don't try to be funny. Most of the stuff that I write about is just my observations on life and my small role in it. Mostly my children amuse me. Even some of the not-so-funny stuff is amusing in a weird way. I figure that if I don't laugh, I'll cry. Like taking them to the grocery store with me. I could blow my stack, which, frankly, I'm sure I did. Or, I can laugh about it (a week later, after I've calmed down!) and share the stories with you. But, no. I won't always write amusing stuff. Life isn't always amusing. Sometimes I'll write angry stuff. Or sad stuff. It's just the way life is. Observing life is usually amusing but not always.

Okay, folks. That's about it. If there's anything else that you wish to know, leave a comment and I'll try to answer it. But, please. No math questions. I'm at my max with Shane's 3rd grade homework!

4 comments:

ginny said...

You can't take back a curse once it's in place and as I remember it, more than once I said, "you'll get yours one day!"
You know I'm going to laugh when they are in high school (I'm already laughing!) We just won't have to wonder how many years it will be before their grandmother stops talking about it! Thank God Owen finally came along and gave her another subject!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I didn't get the curse. ha ha. susan

Kim Eckhardt said...

Girl, you better start doing some serious repenting. I've seen Sheldon in the morning and I've seen Sheldon get pissy about what clothes she wears. Yeah...you should start your own blog NOW and throw yourself at the mercy of the court and hope for life in prison. I just glad that I have boys and not girls! LOL.

ginny said...

I'm laughing at both of you and Susan you did get the curse but it is for later in your life (when your girls are teenagers!) Life IS fair!
ps- dad wanted to know what FAQ meant! Seriously!!!