Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yes, Susan, Owen Was....

as busy as Mary Mayken.

I was reminded of this as I was going through pictures for Owen's kindergarten teacher. He was star of the week. :)

Let's take a look back, shall we?

Here's Owen at about 16 months.

My scrapbooking table was moved downstairs shortly after that.






And, then there was the time that I left him for a minute eating his breakfast and came back to this:






















And, then one day, I found him trying to take a bath in the bathroom sink.













And, one day, I happened to have my camera out and caught his technique.










1. grab the stool.















2. position the stool in strategic location.




3. stand on the stool to get what he wanted. (Note the stool in the bathroom picture.) What he wanted in this picture was the candy on top of the fridge. He has since then figured out to stand on the counter. But, he still uses the same technique.

We soon moved the stool to the counter. He then slid the chairs across my wooden floor to get to stuff. Floors by Carlson Homes. Scratches by Owen.




























And, we call this his up-and-over technique. His crib was dismanteled shortly after this picture was taken. What's the point? He was just 2.






















And, the stairs were his favorite playground. We call this his "up-and-over-and-bowl-through-it-or-move-it-or-go-around-it technique. Or, hike-one-hike-two. Note the stuff in the background that we had put in front of the stairs to keep him off of it. He probably crawled out of the pack and play to get over the gate.








And, least we forget what I had to do when he was just under 2.



That's right. You're not seeing wrong. I moved the lock to the outside of his door. It was for my sanity. I never knew that I was a handyman until I had to figure out how to do this. :)

So, yes. There's absolutely nothing that MM can do to me that Owen hasn't already done. Bring it on, Mary Mayken. I'm ready for ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why don't I think of taking pictures as evidence??? She's coming for you.

Kim Eckhardt said...

Because you're obviously not as sick as I am...

But, don't worry. I always rescued him. After I got my picture. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

I am impressed at the talent and prowess of Owen and his climbing ability....even at a young age....instead of being critical what you ought to do with your obvious building talents...is construct one of those new fangled climbing walls for him...he would love it !!!!!! LOL

uncle Don in NY

Kim Eckhardt said...

I'm not being critical. I think it's funny...