Monday, March 31, 2008

The Baltimore Children's Museum

We did Spring Break. There's no possible way that the kids could say that they were bored. If they did, they lied.

As you may have figured out, we took the kids to Baltimore. One of the must do's was the Baltimore Children's Museum.

They have an awesome water area for the kids to play in. Shane was busy building things with the water pipes which reenforces the mechanical things that he is building in class.



And they had an exhibit on sink/float which Owen's teacher has been teaching them in school. Ms. Sheehan and Ms. King, you'll be glad to know that he correctly guessed every item!






Ken met us about 1:00 and the boys wanted him to go up into the play area with them. He obliged. I'm not quite sure how he crammed his adult sized body through the 2 foot slates to climb higher, but he did.



The funny part is that the museum encourages parents to go in with their kids and in fact say that they have to if the kid is small. Sure, make the space between 2 feet wide. Every adult can get through that easily.

Well, I decided to take a break and get some water. Leaving Ken to climb through this monstrous jungle gym with the kids by himself.

{Enter ominious foreshadow music.}

I get over to the cafeteria part and get a bottle of water. My phone rings and it's Ken telling me to go to the purple slide because Owen and Shane split up and Owen went down the slide.

Did I mention that there were thousands of people here? It was Spring Break after all. Add those people to the field trips and you get a whole lot of people.

Anywho, I go back to the gym area and look for a purple slide. I see a black slide but not a purple slide. I wait for a few minutes and then call Ken and ask him 1) where's the purple slide and 2) how long has it been since Owen went down the slide.

First we debate the color of the slide.

I win because I hear Shane in the background telling Ken that it was in fact black and not purple.

Score.

But it wasn't important who won the color battle. We needed to find Owen. After all, this is the most important issue. Not who won the color of the slide. Did I mention that I was right?

Well, we come to the conclusion that Owen is, in fact, lost. In the children's museum. During Spring Break.

Are you kidding me?

He says "well, they split up. Whatelse was I suppose to do?" I can imagine that he's trying to look all cute and innocent by shrugging his shoulders and putting his hands up in the air.

/groan

We'll talk about that later. First, I have to find my five year old. In the children's museum. During spring break.

I immediately go to the front and tell them that he's missing. I sweetly tell that that my husband lost my son.

I felt a little better because they do have matching wrist bands for kids and their parents so no one else can take him. If the guy is actually checking. But, I see a few kids slip past him. This isn't making me feel any better.

Five minutes go by and another lady comes to help. She has radioed the staff with his name and description.

Then I get a call from Ken saying that he found him.

I tell the lady to cancel the Adam alert but that she still needed to call an ambulance for my husband. Because when I find him, I'm going to do him serious harm.

:o)

I'm sorry for blogging that part of the trip, honey, but it's too funny not to. Especially since we found him and all. Just don't let them split in two directions again, m'kay? Thanks.

They had a huge chess board which Shane and Ken played with an assist by Owen. My job was to run defense and get the pieces back on the board that the other kids would run up and move or steal. Those big chess pieces were just too much for most kids to resist.



They had a great art room too. I want that art room. It's fantastic. The boys both drew maps.



Do you think that Owen's lips help the artist concentrate more? LOLOLOL.



And, lastly, to be fair to Ken, here's a shot of my big behind trying to climb through the jungle gym. It was pretty let me tell you. LOL.



I would definitely recommend the Baltimore Children's Museum. However, if you go, I highly recommend keeping your kids together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't use a leash on my boyz !!!!!!!!!!..Maybe on Ken......LOL

Kim Eckhardt said...

Don't worry. I didn't leash him when he was 2. I won't do it now. LOL. ;)