Friday, May 2, 2008

Capturing The Moment

Capturing the moments means so many things. First and foremost, it means capturing the moments that I don't want to forget or that I want the boys to not forget.

Secondly, it means actually knowing how to use my camera and utilize it to its full potential. This isn't always easy for me because I am extremely non-technical. I know, I know. Duh.

Anyway, I took the boys to the park on a recent day off of school.

Of course, I had my camera. But, I had a purpose this time. I've been playing around with the shutter speed setting and have been trying different speeds to see what the camera will do with movement. The boys were swinging, which was a perfect opportunity to use this setting.

Here's a few of my favorites.

I like this one. I was able to stop Shane's motion but the trees in the background still show the motion.



I loved this one just because I captured the moment of pure happiness that kids get when swinging (couldn't we learn from them?). I especially love it because Owen is really hard to photograph because he's so used to the camera that every time he sees it, he gets a goofy grin on his face. See the second picture and you'll know what I mean.



Of course, I love this too because it's showing Owen being his most Oweney.



I also love this picture because it captures what kids love to do - lay back and just swing. You can still see the motion in Shane's feet but the rest is clear.



So, there you go.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And happy Friday to you guys too !!!! Looks as if Shane ever grows into those feet he's gonna be a BIG kid...wait till they both begin the real growth spurt...and then begin to eat !!!! LOL.... thats when ya'd rather pay em than feed em....anyways, have a great weekend....

Queen of her Castle said...

Jealous me. You actually got to take your kids to the park and practice your photography. My kids would just run like crazy if I whipped out the camera. And of course if I took them to the park now, we'd be carried off by the gnats and mosquitos. Oh, the joys of the South.

Becky