Saturday, May 24, 2008

Children's Humor

For once, I can honestly say that my boys didn't teach another child bad things to say. Usually, they do. This time...it was all her sister.

The kids have a song that they like to sing. It's part of a game where the kids sit in a circle with their feet inwards. Their feet are taken out of the middle of the song ends with their foot. Think "hot potatoe."

So, the song goes like this:

"Skunks in the barnyard, pewyew
Somebody did it, not you."


Well, Mary Mayken is just learning to talk so instead of singing the proper version, she sings this one:

"Skunks in the barnyard, poopy..." or

"Skunks in the barnyard, peepee...

They sing all of the words and let her insert the "pewyew/poopy" part.

And, as soon as Shane and Owen heard this version when they got home from school, they have relentlessly been trying to get her to sing it.

Over and over and over again.

And, then they break out into hysterics when she sings it because it's the funniest thing they've ever heard.

Every time.

I may lose my mind.

No. Scratch that. I'm sure that I'll lose my mind.

No comments: