Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Official - Mondays are Off the Calendar!

Well, it's official. All Mondays have been stricken off the calendar. I realize that it's probably going to throw the universe off course but that's the price the world will have to pay.

My Monday started on Sunday actually. I decided that I needed to go to the doctor becuase I thought that I had a nasty sinus infection. My head was pounding for a few days, my throat started hurting and then my ears started. If I went to the doctor, you know it was bad.

The doctor takes one look at my throat and declares I've got strept. I guess no test was needed.

I go to the pharmacy and they only have 3/4 of the pills that I need. So, I have to go back.

Then I get home and look at the prescription and it's only twice a day. Great. I am horrible - no HORRIBLE - at remembering to take meds so this is awesome.

Until I open up the bottle and see some horse pills waiting for me. Seriously. They're the size of a quarter. I measured the pill against the quarter. Perfect fit.

Why would you prescrible a pill that big to someone with strept throat?

Oh well...fast forward to Monday.

Owen and Shane, as usual, totally have their listening ears on. NOT. They've only been home for 30 minutes and they've already been sent to their rooms.

Oh...and then I start my monthly. OF COURSE.

So, I decide to order pizza. After 10 minutes of telling them to get ready and another 10 of trying to find Owen's shoes, we go bee-bopping down the road to get the pizza and I see my friend and stop to apologize for canceling out on Drunko on Friday night. (Bunko=Drunko)

She glosses over it and proceeds to tell me that I need to ask Owen about the deal that he made on the bus with XXXX for a calculator.

I thought it was weird that she didn't hardly say anything about Drunko. THAT it and of itself should have been a big red flag.

So, I drive off and immediately the protesting and tears start in the back.

Great. THIS should be a good one.

Well...5 minutes of "I'M NOT TELLING YOU, MOM!" and me responding "OH WELL...THEN I'LL CALL KATIE AND WILL ASK HER" went by and he finally told me.

Apparently, he had told XXXX that he would give him my calculator (MINE - not HIS) if XXXX would pull his pants down on the bus.

I can't even freaking believe that I'm typing that.

Seriously. So, then we had 45 more minutes of drama dealing with why he shouldn't be doing that. The only thing that I can think of is that his other BFF showed him his undies when Owen was over there and Owen must have thought it was funny.

In the middle of all of this chaos (and my pizza is getting cold, by the way), Shane says "MOM...will this ruin my reputation too because of what Owen did?"

Then he proceeds to say that he doesn't want his friends parents to not let them play with him because his brother can't keep his pants up.

GROAN.

So, then I had to remind Shane about the time he was Owen's age in Kindergarten when he pulled down his pants (undies and all) to his girlfriend and I found out about it when my friend called and told me that she sent her daughter over for dinner, not dinner and a show.

Very conveniently, he did not remember this incident.

So...I was in the classroom today and the child who Owen dared to pull down his pants on the bus asked if Owen got grounded for a week or not. And then all the kids around him started talking about it.

Well, maybe it will shame Owen into keeping his pants up and not enticing others to take their pants off.

Seriously. Am I really writing this?

The boys ended up getting put in bed around 7:50 or so for other violations (fighting with each other, kicking each other in the penises (that seems to be their target area these days to hurt each other), slamming doors and general mouthiness.

I hope that you will agree with me that Mondays should be cancelled. 4-EVAR.

3 comments:

Teacher in the middle said...

Your Monday was as good as mine!!! I'm with you. Let's just strike them off the calendar. I hope you feel better soon! I wish I had been told I had strep...at least it would sound better when I squeaked at people to tell them "I (squeak) have(squeak) strep (squeak)." Much better than "I(squeak) have(squeak) a virus (squeak)." ((hugs))

ginny said...

The people at my office think I am absolutely crazy- I'm sitting here ROFLMAO. Owen is too funny and Shane worrying about his reputation! Gotta love um!

Anonymous said...

OMG Kim I just now caught this...we got snowed in yesterday and I TOTALLY wigged out cuz of MOnday...however now that I am back up to speed...this is toooo funny...my suggestion for Owen is by him suspenders...with big strong elastics....LOL