Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Belated Mothers Day

There are two stages to celebrating Mothers Day. In case you didn't know those, I thought that I would enlighten you.

The first stage is when you are a young mother. You are showered with gifts and your children behave (for the most part anyway) for the day.

The second stage (and why you went through the first stage) is when you're a grandmother. You don't need (or want) any presents or expensive flowers that you ultimately have to pay for anyway.

Your present is watching your grandchildren pay your child back for everything that they ever did to you!

I hope that you enjoyed mothers day yesterday at whichever stage you are at.

9 comments:

ginny said...

A card would have been nice. Even your sister did that!

Kim Eckhardt said...

I know. I know. I'm sorry. Susan gets one point. And, I guess that I should have also added to my bio that, in addition to suxing at sharing pics, I sux at remembering dates and sending out cards and presents. It doesn't mean that I don't love you. It just means that I sux. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah and my card came from the heart and meant something. i spent a lot of time on that card by the way. Wow. i won this one. And nobody sux more than me when it comes to cards and presents. ha

ginny said...

Well at least Kim didn't tell me about the present she bought her mother-in-law! Deduct one point! Score even~

Anonymous said...

CAT FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Kim Eckhardt said...

Um...I'm staying out of this one. I have no grounds to stand on. I sux. :)

ginny said...

But it's a friendly cat fight!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Sometimes the New Jersey just comes out.

But, just sometimes. ;)

Anonymous said...

just for the record... the fruit was for wilson's mother from him. he sux as well and i had to order (and pay) for it. that's the truth. and by the way i ate almost all the chocolate covered strawberries from it. ha.