Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hey Guys...Wait 4 Me!

Were you a little sister or brother, always trying to keep up with the older ones and always tattling on them to your mom so they would be forced to play with you? Your mom would then yell at your brother or sister to play with you.

She just wanted you to stop whining.

Were you the big brother or sister always trying to get away from your kid sibling but yet, you couldn't because your mom made you play with him or her?

Your mom wasn't interested in being fair. She just wanted peace and quiet.

The littlest one is always trying to keep up with the older kids. It's either keep up or don't play. The older ones will sometimes amuse the littlest one and play with them but then once they're done with that (like 4 minutes later), it's all on the little one to keep up.

Owen use to play that role.

Now, Mary Mayken does.

And, she's got some long legged kids to keep up with.

Go, Mary Mayken, go!

"Let's all follow Shane. This is his playground and he's the oldest so he's already scouted out the good spots at the playground."



This picture cracks me up because the log is just a blip on the radar to Sheldon.

But to MM, it's a huge wall that must be overcome.


And, in the process of climbing the wall, she falls way behind.

She never made it to the first spot.



And, then the older kids were off again to another secret hiding place for the best honeysuckles in the world (according to the boys). As this is their school playground, they know all of the good spots!



Wait! Wait for me!



Crap. I've gotta stop falling. Now I'm going to be further behind!



But, that's okay. Because I will catch up with them. I think I can! I think I can!





These pics aren't the best that I took this weekend, but they do tell a story and when I was going through all of the pics that I took last weekend, these jumped out at me.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

ginny said...

They are so cute! Course since I'm the grandmother to all 4, what else would I say?

I never had the problem of the older/younger siblings. At least you & your sister were the same age and size so you could just duke it out (and you did)